TNW LOGISTICS CDL TRUCK DRIVER/TRANSLOAD OPERATOR
Location: Gonzales, TX
This position will be expected to work as a valued member of the TNW Logistics operations. This job will primarily consist of local vehicle operations involving positioning and moving trucks and trailers on and between farms and warehousing facilities, and warehousing and
distributors. The position will also assist with transload operations from time to time. This position will operate and repair machinery, transload and maintain facilities at TNW Logistics – Gonzales.
Reports directly to the TNW Logistics – Gonzales Supervisor
Reporting Location: Gonzales, TX
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• 2 years’ minimum commercial truck driving experience Licenses and Certifications:
• Current Commercial Driver’s License with Medical Certificate as required by the U.S. Department of Transportation is required.
Skills and Attributes:
• Strict adherence to TNW’s Core Values and Strategic Pillars
• Skill and experience with CDL truck driving
• Ability to read, write and understand the English language
• Ability to read and understand numbers, charts, and diagrams
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide two- and three-digit numbers
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
• Ability to recognize dangerous situations and take precautions
• Ability to translate information from operating and repair manuals to job being done
• Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination required
• Exercising physical strength and/or endurance
• Skill in use of machines for transloading
• Ability to use phones and radios
• Ability to operate tools and equipment safely and efficiently
• This is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
• This position will occasionally work extended hours and shifts, but is primarily, but not limited to, Monday to Friday 8 to 12 hours a day.
• This position requires no supervisory responsibility.
• Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate company-owned and leased trucks over 40 tons to facilitate transloading operations.
• Perform daily inspection of vehicle and provide required reports.
• Transports materials between farms and warehouse facilities, and warehousing to distributors.
• Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
• Assist with transloading operations as required.
• Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
• Attends daily job briefings and monthly safety meetings.
• Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
• Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
• Assumes responsibility for general upkeep and cleanliness of assigned truck. Reports all maintenance deficiencies to TXNL- Sr. General Manager.
• Intermittent traveling for rail car cleaning.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Requires being active and requires standing, walking, balancing, twisting, bending, driving, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
• Able to use hands to hold, grasp, turn or pull
• Able to reach over shoulder level
• Required to regularly talk and hear.
• Transload material from rail car to truck and vice versa occasionally
• Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
• Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Able to walk and work on ballast or other uneven surfaces.
• Able to follow written and oral directions.
• Able to pass DOT FMCSA physical.
• Able to work on and around heavy equipment
• Outdoors in all weather conditions (could be extreme heat, cold, or wet), on uneven surfaces, on various heights of equipment, and on/around heavy machinery. Noise level can be high.
• Able to work with loud noises, dirt, and dust
• Must be able to work during both daytime and nighttime
• Comply with all company, DOT, and OSHA safety procedures, policies, and rules, including wearing required safety equipment and personal protective equipment when and where needed.
• Employee must have dependable transportation and a telephone.
• Willing to submit to pre-employment background verification, medical review and drug and alcohol screens.
TNW Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.