TNW LOGISTICS Switching Operator
This position will be a Switching Laborer for TNW Logistics. The position will operate machinery, perform safe switching operations, and maintain track facilities.
Reports directly to the TNW Logistics Switching Supervisor.
Reporting Location: Port of Victoria, Texas
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
Licenses and Certifications:
• Current driver’s license without restrictions
Skills and Attributes:
• Strict adherence to TNW Core Values and Strategic Pillars
• Skill in use of tools and machines for grounds maintenance, including a tractor and other machinery
• Experience with heavy equipment and operations
• Possess valid state driver’s license without restrictions
• Computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Skill in use of a track mobile
• 18 years of age or older
• Able to follow written and oral directions
• Must be proficient in written and spoken English
• This is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
• This position needs to be available for shift work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate machinery safely and efficiently
• Perform safe switching operations
• Maintain track facilities
• Follow all PPE and other safety rules
• Properly report all completed work
• Complete all railcar securements (flatcar cables/box car door closures)
o Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
o Possible heavy lifting over 50 pounds
o Able to walk continuously for several hours, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, and sit for
extended periods of time
o Able to use hands to hold, grasp, turn or pull
o Able to reach over shoulder level
o Able to work with loud noises, chemicals, fumes, dirt, and dust
o Able to perform heavy manual labor
o Operate a forklift and front-end loader
o Load rail cars
o Make electrical repairs and work on machinery, as needed
o Perform facilities maintenance
• Able to work on and around heavy equipment
• Outdoors in all weather conditions (could be extreme heat, cold, or wet), on uneven surfaces, on various heights of equipment, and on/around heavy machinery. Noise level can be high.
• Comply with all company and OSHA safety procedures, policies, and rules, including wearing required safety equipment.
• Demonstrate TNW Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Servant Leadership, and Quality.
• Willing to submit to pre-employment background verification, medical review, and drug and alcohol screening.
• Willing to submit to random drug and alcohol testing during employment.
TNW Corporation and its railroads are Equal Opportunity Employers. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not
constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.
WE HIRE VETERANS