TXGN - Trackman
Perform routine maintenance and construction work on railroad tracks, bridges, and right-of way. Change railroad ties; operate heavy equipment; perform basic maintenance of machinery; and perform related work as assigned.
Reports directly to Manager of Engineering
Reporting Locations: Gonzales, TX
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Any combination of education, training, and experience that shows the ability to perform the duties required for Trackman.
Licenses and Certifications:
• Valid driver’s license without restrictions
Skills and Attributes:
• Strict adherence to TNW Core Values and Strategic Pillars
• Skill in use of tools and machines for track and grounds maintenance, including a tractor and other machinery
• Able to use computers, phones, and radios
• Able to operate tools and equipment safely and efficiently
• 18 years of age or older
• Must be proficient in written and spoken English
• Able to follow written and oral directions
• Requires commitment to irregular work hours in support of the success of a 24/7 operation. Occasionally works extended hours and shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds often
o Possible heavy lifting over 75 pounds occasionally
o Able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, and sit for extended periods of time
o Able to use hands to hold, grasp, turn or pull
o Able to reach over shoulder level
o Able to climb ladders
o Able to work with loud noises, chemicals, fumes, dirt, and dust
o Able to perform heavy manual labor
o Able to work on and around heavy equipment
o Grind end of rails, remove spikes, drive spikes, and perform related maintenance while working as a member of a track work crew.
o Operate light and heavy yard maintenance machinery (portable grinder, spike puller, rail drill, rail saw, spike hammer, and others).
o Operate power and manual tools, such as spike maul, sledge, spike puller, spade or shovel, track wrench, track jack, and lining bar.
o Use power drill to drill holes through rail or tie plates for insertion of bolts and spikes.
o Operate track wrench machine to tighten or loosen bolts at rail joints.
o Operate rail saw to cut rail to specified lengths.
o Load, unload, and general handling of materials and equipment as instructed.
o Basic maintenance work on machinery used.
o Operate weed trimmers, lawn mowers, tractor with shredder, and other lawn maintenance equipment.
• Outdoors in all weather conditions (could be extreme heat, cold, wind, rain, or snow), on uneven surfaces. Noise level can be high.
• Comply with all company and FRA safety procedures, policies, and rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
• Demonstrate TNW Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Servant Leadership, and Quality.
• Willing to submit to pre-employment background verification, medical review, and drug and alcohol screening.
• Willing to submit to random drug and alcohol testing during employment.
• Employee must have dependable transportation and a telephone.
TNW Corporation and its railroads are Equal Opportunity Employers. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not
constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.
WE HIRE VETERANS