Title: Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative for TNW will be responsible for sales development and the achievement of sales goals for TNW Railroads and Logistics. This position will provide both frontline and back-office interface with our customers; seek and deliver qualified leads and new business growth to the outside sales team; set up and monitor information flow within designated CRM and other business-critical systems; manage support contacts for individual accounts through TNW’s CRM; manage and build customer relationships which align with our strategic goals. Strong communication and people skills are a must.
The Inside Sales Representative needs to be adept at segmentation-based prospecting, pipeline analysis and renewal forecasting and experienced in compiling market and customer data to generate sales projections. The candidate will be comfortable cultivating potential leads and supporting marketing team by creating, deploying and optimizing campaigns. A self-starter, detail-oriented, able to multitask, and possess excellent organization and time management skills. Building customer and market relationships, team reporting, rate and term negotiations, correspondence, and other liaison activities will be integral to success.
The position will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing, who will provide collaboration and resources necessary to align efforts and support sales growth.
Reports Directly to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Reporting Location: TNW Corporate Office in Dallas, Texas
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
• Drive collaboration both internally with Sales Account Management and other departments as well as within customer organizations to facilitate negotiations and contract/lease agreements.
• Utilize current digital tools effectively (Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Office, CRM, etc.) for successful customer engagement, onboarding and maintenance.
• Adapt to changing market and economic conditions to enable continued sales growth by anticipating customer’s future needs.
• Develop business planning template for Railroads and Logistics.
• Review inbound leads and execute cold calls through remote means (email, phone, zoom, etc.).
• Proactively conduct calls and outreach to generate outbound leads
• Collaborate with outside sales by logging details about prospects and customers in CRM software.
• Sustain rapport with accounts by making regular calls/online meetings, exploring their needs, and identifying new opportunities.
• Coordinate and collaborate with various departments to implement new or improve existing railroad or logistics services.
• As needed, assist, attend and present in client/prospect meetings.
• As needed, attend regional and annual agricultural and rail events/meetings.
• Execute TNW’s sales call process to productively manage accounts for Railroads and Logistics.
• Execute on established production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
• Prepare and present internal reports regarding assigned customer’s business and financial impact to the company.
• Compliance with TNW Core Values and alignment with Strategic Pillars
• Maintain detailed and organized files, contract data and information systems, including utilization of CRM.
• Protects TNW’s value by keeping key data confidential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications or similar.
• Minimum of one year’s experience working in an inside sales or customer service role.
• Transportation, railroad and/or logistics services industry experience preferred.
• Sales or service experience in a small to mid-sized company preferred.
• Knowledge of transportation commerce and demand in agriculture, cattle, dairy, chicken, and feed industries preferred.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter looking for ways to drive growth.
• Demonstrate knowledge of market data and access to resources to quickly respond to new developments in the customer’s business.
• Possess developed Excel skills and competency in handling data analytics to aid sales and forecasting.
• Ability to learn new technologies and willingness to communicate using each customer’s preferred communication channel: digital, virtual or in-person.
• Ability to be a hands-on team player.
• Humility and active listener.
• Unwavering integrity and ethics.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to execute tactically and accomplish quarterly and yearly sales goals
• Demonstrate proven decision-making skills and solid judgment.
• A servant leader who supports their team and the organization while getting goals accomplished.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
• Efficient time management skills and detail oriented.
• Be self-directed and able to multitask.
• Ability to analyze reports and data.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and passion for managing projects to conclusion on time.
• Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, creating spreadsheets and presentations.
Licenses and Certifications:
• Current driver’s license with clear driving record and no restrictions. Must have the ability to operate company vehicles, rent vehicles, and the ability to drive long distances.
• Full-time position
• Must be able to travel – 10%-20%
• Work is mainly performed in an office environment and in the field. Travel to company, customers, trade shows, trade organizations, and vendor sites will be required.
• Occasional work in outdoor operations environment
• Walking, standing, sitting, and balancing are frequent activities.
• Safety equipment and personal protective equipment must be worn when and where needed.
• Willing to submit to pre-employment background verification.
• Willing to submit to pre-employment drug test and physical
The duties, responsibilities and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.
WE HIRE VETERANS