TNW Logistics – Switching Operator (part-time)
Position Summary: This position will be a part-time Switching Operator for TNW Logistics. The position will operate machinery, perform safe switching operations, maintain track facilities, cable railcars, open boxcar doors and clean up debri left behind from railcars. Reports directly to the TNW Logistics Switching Supervisor. Reporting Location: Grand Prairie, Texas All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
Licenses and Certifications:
• Possess valid state driver’s license without restrictions
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Physical
o Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
o Possible heavy lifting over 50 pounds
o Able to walk continuously for several hours, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, and sit for extended periods of time
o Able to use hands to hold, grasp, turn or pull
o Able to reach over shoulder level
o Able to work with loud noises, chemicals, fumes, dirt, and dust
o Able to perform heavy manual labor
o Operate a forklift and front-end loader
o Load rail cars
o Make some electrical repairs and work on machinery, as needed
o Perform facilities maintenance
Skills & Attributes: Strict adherence to TNW Core Values and Strategic Pillars
• Skill in use of tools and machines for grounds maintenance, including a tractor and other machinery
• Experience with heavy equipment and operations
• Computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Skill in use of a track mobile
• 18 years of age or older
• Able to follow written and oral directions
• Must be proficient in written and spoken English
Availability: This is a part-time position (20 hours/week).
• This position needs to be available for shift work.
• This position must be available for call-in and is required to be at the facility, ready for work within 1.5 hours of the call-in.
• Able to work on and around heavy equipment
• Outdoors in all weather conditions (could be extreme heat, cold, or wet), on uneven surfaces, on various heights of equipment, and on/around heavy machinery. Noise level can be high.
• Comply with all company and OSHA safety procedures, policies, and rules, including
wearing required safety equipment.
• Willing to submit to pre-employment background verification and medical review
Equal Opportunity: EmployersTNW Corporation and its railroads are Equal Opportunity Employers. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position