TNW Corporation (TNW), a Dallas-based owner-operator of short line railroads and logistics centers, today announced the opening of Panhandle Logistics Solutions (PLS), a new bulk transload facility that is located approximately 50 miles north of Amarillo near Sunray, Texas. Panhandle Logistics Solutions is operated by TNW Corporation.
Panhandle Logistics Solutions’ workforce and technology focuses on transferring bulk materials between railcars and trucks. They provide the experience and expertise needed to develop specialized services that allow customers to diversify their supply chains. PLS is the region’s hub for railcar, warehousing, commercial development, storage, transload and transportation services.
“PLS provides non-rail-served businesses in the Texas Panhandle the ability to better control their inventory by utilizing a ‘just-in-time delivery’ approach to reduce excess inventory costs; better control their carbon footprint by eliminating the need for long-haul trucks; and lower their operating and transportation costs,” said TNW Vice President Sales and Marketing Wade Hoffmann. “We combine the significant freight savings of rail with the convenience of trucks.”
Panhandle Logistics Solutions advantages –
- Coordinates the arrival and/or departure of railcars
- Direct connection to TXNW Railway, which has capacity for 10,000+ railcar storage, lay down space options and access to the North American rail network
- Hosts in-house workforce for transload operations
- Provides product storage options: flat storage, silo storage, liquid tank storage, and warehouse
- Easy truck access to major highways
- Available tenant sites for lease or build-to-suit warehousing and commercial development
- We are looking to grow with our customers and expand our services to match their needs