TNW Logistics Transload Operator
This position will be a Logistics Transload Operator at the Gonzales, TX warehouse, storage,and transloading facility. The position will perform all railcar repair support work (cleaning, debris removal, rough demolition) to accomplish expediting the repair work needed. This work is accomplished through the use of brooms, shovels, breaker bars and may include: hand tools, cutting torches, welding equipment and yard equipment. Work is of a physical nature and involves kneeling, bending, and stooping. This position may operate heavy equipment, repair machinery, transload, and maintain facilities at TNW Logistics – Gonzales. There will be intermittent traveling for rail car cleaning.
Reports directly to the TNW Logistics – Gonzales General Manager.
Reporting Location: Gonzales, TX
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information, and in accordance with the provisions of applicable labor agreements.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Licenses and Certifications:
• Valid state driver’s license without restrictions
Skills and Attributes:
• Strict adherence to TNW Core Values and Strategic Pillars
• Skill in use of tools and machines for grounds maintenance, including a tractor and other machinery
• Skill in use of machines for transloading, including a forklift and front-end loader
• Able to use phones and radios
• Able to operate tools and equipment safely and efficiently
• 18 years of age or older
• Must be proficient in written and spoken English
• Able to follow written and oral directions
• This is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
• This position needs to be available to work shift as required.
• This position requires no supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
o Possible heavy lifting over 50 pounds
o Able to walk continuously for several hours
o Able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, and sit for extended periods of time
o Able to use hands to hold, grasp, turn or pull
o Able to reach over shoulder level
o Able to use shovels, brooms and other hand tools
o Able to climb ladders
o Able to work with loud noises, chemicals, fumes, dirt, and dust
o Able to perform heavy manual labor
o Operate a forklift and front-end loader
o Load rail cars
o Transload material from rail car to truck and vice versa
o Operate conveyors, pumps and truck scales
o Make some electrical repairs and work on machinery, as needed
o Perform facilities maintenance
o Intermittent traveling for rail car cleaning
• Able to work on and around heavy equipment
• Outdoors in all weather conditions (could be extreme heat, cold, or wet), on uneven surfaces, on various heights of equipment, and on/around heavy machinery.
• Noise level can be high.
• Comply with all company and OSHA safety procedures, policies, and rules, including wearing required safety equipment.
• Willing to submit to pre-employment background verification and medical review
TNW Corporation and its railroads are Equal Opportunity Employers. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not
constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.